Monday, June 20, 2011

Brothers

Staying the night at the hospital with Andi tonight. A Haitian man, filled with narcotics from an intense surgery, no rest, no food or water, gonna make for an interesting night I think. :). Though the nurses are giving him great care and they are quite soft on the eyes, tonight is their work day. They are full steam ahead and loud, and I hope he can get some sleep.
Reading Matthew 12, it dawned on me for the first time... Jesus himself said anyone who does the will of my Father in Heaven is my brother and my sister and my mother. That is all-inclusive, He didn't leave anybody out of that promise...IF we are doing the will of God.
Wow. Jesus and me and Andi....we're brothers!

All of the steps to surgery, from the medical visa right down to the nurse who will be watching over Andi and tending his needs, credit and kudos to the folks at Mission Haiti and all the doctors and nurses that made this happen.  Andi will be better off because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment