Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Testimony - Carrie Sanchez

My personal testimony is one of many trials that have led me over to time to completely give my life to the Lord.  I was baptized when I was ten but it was not until I was in my late twenties that I truly began having a heart transformation.  I periodically turned to Him for help but never gave myself completely.
After years of issues with control, inadequacy, depression, anxiety, alcohol, eating disorders, abortion, deaths of loved ones, financial and marital problems, and illnesses with my children I was brought to my knees.  I had nowhere else to turn.  Thankfully from my youth I knew God would not abandon me and I turned to him again!  This time completely I gave Him the opportunity to heal me and work in my life.  Eventually, I began presenting myself to Him to use however He desired as I realized my life was not about me.  
The Lord has renewed me and honored me.  I remember the first time reading that He wanted to honor me.  I thought I was only supposed to honor Him but it goes both ways? It is true and he has restored my life and brought great joy and freedom.  I choose daily with great joy to love my Lord and follow His ways.  
I am married 12 years now with 3 beautiful children (who know and love the Lord) and am privileged to serve my Lord every day. I work in ministry at Primary but also believe my ministry includes my family, my church and my community.  My life’s ministry is to shine His light everywhere I go in all I do.  I am so grateful for his grace because I am not perfect and my light goes dim sometimes (every once in a while it might even go out).
I look forward to meeting my maker and savior face to face one day.  Until then I am thankful that the Holy Spirit leads me and I know that in Christ Jesus my sins are forgiven and I am set FREE!  Amen!

1 comment:

  1. BRAVO!!
    Love You ~
    A Sister In Christ
    Teri Katzenberger

    ReplyDelete