Thursday, May 26, 2011

God's Blessings

So this morning I was thinking about how old my hubby and I are and how it seems we are "just" feeling the Lord's blessings. We have bought a new home(from renting for 7 years) and are currently blessed with our jobs, we are loving each other more every day, our kids are healthier than ever, and the kitchen is stocked. Instantly, I realized only in the past few years have WE truly been blessing the Lord.
Deuteronomy 29:5-6 says "During the forty years that I led you through the desert, your clothes did not wear out, nor did the sandals on your feet. You ate no bread and drank no wine or other fermented drink. I did this so you might know I am the Lord your God."
Looking back we always had enough, we were always provided for somehow. Always blessed whether we realized it or not. And we knew it was by no other means than the Lord's love for us that we were making it. Through our time of drought and trials we grew to know and depend on the Lord, we began serving the Lord, praising the Lord and honoring Him. We know that He is our Lord our God!
How are/were you blessed. How are you blessing the Lord today?

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I pray more BLESSINGS come! I'm so proud of you and Kelley. I know it has been a long and hard road but GOD is truely amazing!

    Daisy

    ReplyDelete